Paperweight operations during the COVID-19 crisis
We confirm actions which we are taking to ensure the continuity of our charity and the ability to continue providing services to all our clients during what is undoubtedly a very challenging time and a deeply worrying global problem
We have already taken, or are now taking, the following specific actions:
• We have implemented a remote working plan which will enable all our staff and volunteers to continue working remotely following the Government Guidelines issued 16th March 2020
• Wherever possible, we are ensuring client and customer meetings are “online” rather than face-to-face.
• We are thinking ‘ out of the box ‘ to devise methods of helping without face to face visits.
• Our phones are being continually manned so that we can continue taking requests for help
• We are encouraging everyone to avoid any physical contact, and to maintain “Social Distancing” where and whenever possible
• We are following all government guidelines with respect to travel – please note that our volunteers are not undertaking any travel
• We have informed our volunteers of the symptoms of coronavirus, and the procedures to follow if experiencing any of those symptoms
• We have informed all our volunteers of the requirements to self-quarantine and the specific relevant circumstances under which this is currently necessary
• We are continually updating our volunteers on any changes as they happen
With the above measures being implemented, we do not anticipate any problems with Paperweight’s day to day running. We are however conscious that this situation could change, and should this be the case, then we will advise you immediately via our website and/or email.
Should you have any queries in respect of the above or require further information then please do not hesitate to contact us.