Why We're Here.
A free service across the entire spectrum of the Jewish community.
The everyday burden of dealing with the practicalities of your household paperwork and bureaucracy can become intolerable in a time of crisis.
When you are feeling isolated, stressed and vulnerable, and you just can’t cope, the simplest administrative tasks feel insurmountable and the daily practicalities take a back seat; often leading to unwelcome, additional pressure and intrusion in what can feel a bureaucratic and impersonal world.
The Paperweight Trust was launched in 2010 to provide practical guidance and support to those in crisis in the Jewish Community.
The service we offer is cross-communal across London and Manchester. Our clients range in age from their 20s to their 90s and all have found themselves in circumstances beyond their control and unable to cope with life’s daily ups and downs, particularly in organising their domestic affairs.
Paperweight offers time, guidance, confidentiality, experience and a good deal of common sense. We will steer our clients towards independence and give them the confidence to carry on with their lives.
The Paperweight Trust has:
- Dealt with over 2,000 issues
- Assisted over 1,500 clients
- Had referrals from over 50 organisations
- Visited clients in their homes in over 20 London Boroughs
- 95% of clients are visited within 7 days of first referral
- 8 out of every 10 issues have been resolved satisfactorily
- Paperweight’s team is assembled within 72 hours
- Charges no fee for its service and is available to all the Jewish community